Masterclass The Power of Psychological Safety by Amy Edmondson
How to create a culture that is safe to express ideas, ask questions and admit mistakes
Success in modern organization requires a continuous influx of new ideas, new challenges, and critical thought. People have to feel free to speak their minds, even if their idea is not robust yet. To facilitate this process, an organization can’t do without a culture of Psychological Safety.
In this digital masterclass, Amy Edmondson, professor at Harvard Business School, explores the power of psychological safety, and provides a blueprint for bringing it to life. She will teach you how to:
- Create a culture where it’s “safe” to express ideas, ask questions, and admit mistakes
- Nurture the level of engagement and candor required
- Follow a step-by-step framework for establishing psychological safety in your team or organization
Psychological safety isn’t about being nice. It’s about giving candid feedback, openly admitting mistakes, and learning from each other.
15.00 CET - Start masterclass, welcome by moderator Ben Tiggelaar
PART I The Power of Psychological Safety
- Why Fear Is Not an Effective Motivator
- Measuring Psychological Safety
- Why Psychological Safety Matters for Performance
- Psychologically Safe Employees Are Engaged Employees
PART II Psychological Safety at Work
- Avoidable Failure
- Dangerous Silence
- Extreme Candor
- Be a Don’t Knower
- When Failure Works
PART III Creating a Fearless Organization
- The Leader’s Tool Kit
- How to Set the Stage for Psychological Safety
- How to Invite Participation So People Respond
- How to Respond Productively to Voice – No Matter Its Quality
- Leadership Self-Assessment
18.30 CET - Closing by moderator Ben Tiggelaar
The program will be interactive with various exercises and Q&A sessions, moderated by Ben Tiggelaar. The schedule also includes 2 short breaks of around 15 minutes.
Let op! Deze masterclass is exclusief toegankelijk voor leden van het Bedrijvennetwerk HR. Alle aanmeldingen worden gescreend.